The first step of a successful consolidation strategy is to know where you are and where the business needs you to be in the next year or two. Our popular MFT Audit service is uniquely designed to meet this critical planning challenge.
At the end of the MFT Audit, you will know the limits of your current system and the expected pressures your business will apply to that system in the future. MFT Audit findings can be used to decide which systems should be kept, which should be removed and (occasionally) what technology should be obtained to fill gaps. MFT Audits also help prioritize consolidation phases and migration tasks within each phase.
- Contact us to discuss your consolidation challenges.
- Learn why you should conduct an MFT Audit before committing to any major managed file transfer change
Before we perform any migration in support of a managed file transfer consolidation, our staff will work with you to:
- Instrument existing technology to understand how much traffic and activity will be moved
- Instrument new technology to ensure visibility into traffic and activity is available afterwords
- Understand how much coordination between external partners and internal parties is needed
- Develop a step-by-step migration plan for all involved participants
- Develop a test plan to authoritatively determine if the migration was a success
- Develop a back-out and roll-back plan in case the migration is not a success
- Test automated components of the migration, such as user export/import
During a migration we are available for off-hours support, including on-premises support.
After each migration we will ensure that a post-migration test plan is carried out, that it passes and that any corrective action is taken as quickly as possible.