Switching vendors, protocols or datacenters? Bringing on or spinning off a lot of users? Just need to reduce costs due to server sprawl?
We can design and implement migration plans from one-step “forklift migrations” to finely phased consolidations that can stretch up to a year or more. The result will be a streamlined and transparent set of technologies that allow you to save money and improve visibility into your operations.
Use our managed file transfer migration services to:
- Consolidate multiple file transfer systems from the same vendor
- Consolidate file transfer systems from different vendors
- Move users and workflows onto new managed file transfer technology
- Reduce the risk associated with an managed file transfer upgrade or hardware refresh
- Contact us to discuss your consolidation challenges.
- Learn why you should conduct an MFT Audit before committing to any major managed file transfer change
Migration Planning and Execution
Before the migration, our staff will work with you to:
- Instrument existing technology to understand how much traffic and activity will be moved
- Instrument new technology to ensure visibility into traffic and activity is available afterwords
- Understand how much coordination between external partners and internal parties is needed
- Develop a step-by-step migration plan for all involved participants
- Develop a test plan to authoritatively determine if the migration was a success
- Develop a back-out and roll-back plan in case the migration is not a success
- Test automated components of the migration, such as user export/import
During a migration we are available for off-hours support, including on-premises support.
After each migration we will ensure that a post-migration test plan is carried out, that it passes and that any corrective action is taken as quickly as possible.
Our staff has experience with systems from Sterling Commerce, Axway, Ipswitch, TIBCO, Tumbleweed, IBM, Globalscape, Accellion, Proginet, Linoma, RhinoSoft, JSCAPE, many other vendors and dozens of homegrown systems. (If it moves files, we have probably worked with it.) Some staff members have even developed the technology they are migrating.
Simply put, there is no team on the planet better prepared to plan and execute your managed file transfer consolidation than File Transfer Consulting.